Manufactured in France by Scopema, the RIB swivel plate offers a robust and rattle-free seat swivel for the Transit Custom.
To rotate the seat, the engine must be turned off, the vehicle put in gear and the handbrake released temporarily. Once the seat is facing the rear re-engage handbrake. For seats fitted with up/down height adjustment, you will find that you probably need to pump up the seat height to allow the seat to rotate without the grey plastic trim around the base catching on anything.
Notes on fitting:
This swivel fits between the sliders (the rear external corners of the slider rails can be cut to avoid any damage to the plastic door trim while rotating the seat if necessary) and the original seat base. RIB advises that a handbrake modification is required (included) and that the battery will need to be relocated.*
It’s worth noting that when fitting the handbrake mod bracket, some vans may have the original bolts welded in place. If yours does, they will need to be cut and drilled out. In order to fit, the metal bracket assembly that the handbrake gaiter fits onto on the floor must also be removed. As the handbrake cable goes through a hole in this, the bracket must be cut (or the brake cable detached).
- Swivel plate fits between the base and seat slider rails on normal seats
- Automatically locks in place facing forward for driving
- Pivot point is centrally located in the base
- European TUV safety approval
- Compatible with the Ford Transit Custom 2013+ / Ford Transit 2014+ (4th Gen Mk8)
- Compatible with the Tourneo Custom
- Compatible with heated seats & airbags
- Seat height increase: Approx 43mm
- Safety: European TUV safety approval
Supplied and Fitted at our workshop in Buckingham, MK18 1RT